As I am scrolling through my twitter notifications this morning (follow Laugh Always on twitter here!), I see that I am included with eight other people in a tweet and there is a long thread. I follow along and find out that my blog is nominated for the “Sunshine Blogger Award”!
This is Laugh Always third Sunshine award nomination and honestly, it feels so awesome to be recognized each and every time. I still can’t believe that people other than my loved ones read my blog (read that post here) and whenever I receive recognition like this, it makes me feel like it is worth to keep pursuing what I am doing. I am so greatly honored to be recognized by peers and other bloggers!
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
The award not only shines the spotlight on some amazing bloggers and their work, it gives us a chance to get to know them a little better.
So who nominated me you ask? Nicole from “This is All Going On“. She is a mom and a wife – she has three kids! Her blog is all about positive living while battling anxiety, chaos of having twins and chronic pain. Her page is very inspiring and makes you want to get out and live the best life you can!
Nicole has asked that we answer some questions she submitted so here goes nothing!
My Sunshine Blogger Award questions from Nicole:
1.) Is blogging your business, your passion or both?
It is definitely both for me. I am creating a business and a brand but it is also a deep passion of mine to help people and inspire others. I work at this every day, whether it be trying to make new connections or write down my feelings in my blog. I know that helping people and inspiring others is something I want to do the rest of my life. I will keep at it for however long it takes to get going!
2.) How long have you been blogging?
I started Laugh Always in August 2017. I have consistently blogging on here ever since. I also set up an Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter for Laugh Always as well. I have been sharing many stories from people all around the world who have been dealing with difficult journeys
3.) Where do you find your inspiration for your blog?
The inspiration comes from what I have been through and knowing who I was 7-8 years ago. I was really just trying to keep up with my parents passing away so close together and then being diagnosed with cancer twice all at the same time. I think of that girl and how she got through those times and I remember like it was yesterday how I was feeling. I spent a lot of time by myself and didn’t feel like myself for a really long time. I think back to how young I was going through that whole mess and now making it truly mean something. If I went through all of those hard trials, then I’m sure as hell going to make it worth it and inspire others to get through their trials as well!
4.) How did you choose your niche (if you have a niche)?
Inspiration and a little lifestyle was my designated niche for what I wanted to do. I really want to inspire other.
5.) How has your blog transformed since the first post you published?
My blog started out with stories of my life and now I have over 20 stories from other people sharing their rough journeys. I have also integrated different parts of my life on here as well – from being healthy and then to eating healthy. You can view those sections here!
6.) What was the first post you published?
My first post I published was introducing myself and how I came up with Laugh Always. You can read it here!
7.) Do you have other creative pursuits other than blogging?
It has taken me a very long time to accept the fact that I might be a little creative. Growing up, creativity to me was being able to love art, being able to draw or paint or maybe even handwrite very well. Now that our world has gone more to the digital age, I am finding out more and more that I have been creative all along, but on the computer. I made picture collages and picture videos back in high school and with pictures in general, I love decorating or playing around with them. I get this creative feel from my mom for sure because she was creative in the tangible sense where she would sew and craft so many different things for us. All of our Barbie furniture was handmade by my mom! I do have so many other pursuits but trying to stick to blogging as my main one right now! Life is short though you know? Who knows what I might start next!
8.) Do you have siblings? Where do you fall in the birth order? Do you think this affects your life view?
I have a younger sister and a younger brother – you guessed it! I’m the oldest! I don’t know if this affects my life view, but it does affect our personalities for sure and I think that goes for every family. Typically the oldest is the one who is the most independent and I feel like that has been me my whole life. I really didn’t need my parents to help with much, nor did I want them too. My mom would always tell me I was very independent and she could see me being a high powered boss or lawyer one day. When my parents passed away, I definitely felt the weight of the world was on my shoulders to not only take care of my dad initially when he was still alive, but then to take care of my siblings and be the income provider for awhile as my sister and brother were both still in college. I think that I like to be in charge and that comes from being “bossy” which not necessarily a bad thing.
9.) If you could choose any super power, what would it be?
Probably the power to fly. I would always say being invisible but I don’t think it is ideal to spy on people anymore!
10.) What’s your favourite season and why?
SUMMER! Because it’s warm everyday, the sun is beautiful and there is nothing better than watching a sunset on a warm day where you can be outside without a jacket and enjoy a gorgeous breeze.
11.) What would your dream vacation be?
I don’t know what that is exactly. I am lucky that I have absolutely had my dream vacation already and that was my honeymoon to Maui. Another dream destination is Napa Valley in California which is a trip I have already done also and about to repeat this year! I think my next dream vacation would be to Spain and maybe even Italy and a tour of Europe.
What to do if you choose to accept your Sunshine Blogger Award nomination:
Write a post where you:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award and link back to their blog
- Answer the questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 questions to answer.
- List the “rules” and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post.
Plus, don’t forget to notify the 11 bloggers you’ve nominated through social media or commenting on their blogs.
My nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
11.) Kiki from She’s Kiki
Questions to my nominees – make sure to answer these in your blog post for the Sunshine Reward and nominate blogs of your own!
1.) Why did you start blogging?
2.) How long have you been a blogger?
3.) Who inspires you on a daily basis?
4.) What is the best meal you have ever eaten?
5.) What makes you a positive or inspiring person?
6.) Why should people read your blog?
7.) What does your ideal day look like?
8.) Where is your favorite destination?
9.) What are three things on your “bucket list”?
10.) Besides blogging, what is another hobby you have?
11.) If you could have an job in the world, what would it be?
I can’t wait to read these new blog posts! To my nominees, please let me know when you post because I would love to see your answers to these questions!
Thanks for reading and thank you Nicole for the nomination!
Until next time,
I have been nominated for a Liebster Award! What is that you ask?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the Internet and was created to recognize and discover new bloggers. The earliest case of the award dates back to 2011 and since then it’s been a yearly award. It’s a way of recognizing new bloggers by fellow bloggers, commending their hard work and dedication to their writing. The award is recognized in the blogging community as an honorable badge of accomplishment. Nominees are selected by previous award nominees so the cycle of supporting one another continues.
So other writers have recognized my work – I’ve been doing this for a month. Something that I have held out on for over six years. Wow – I didn’t expect for OTHER people to read my entries and actually like and maybe even CONNECT with the material. I can’t wait to keep going.
There are rules to a “Liebster award post”.
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well
- Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- For 2017 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (this is optional, but if you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about yourself).
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award who have less than 200 followers (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information)
- List these rules in your post. (You can copy and paste from here or simply include the link below to the official rules website).
- Select 11 questions for the individuals/blogs you nominated.
- Inform the people/blogs that you selected of their nomination for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post.
So let’s get the party started! I was actually nominated by TWO different bloggers – which I am so thankful for. I have been doing this maybe a month now and it is so awesome to be recognized very early on by the blogging community.
I was nominated by Liron Freind-Saadon – her blog is https://marriedplusthree.wordpress.com/ . Her blog is about her family, her life, and some comical pregnancy stories! Her latest post that is dedicated to her four year old is an awesome post!
I was also nominated by Tessa Van Dyk – her blog is http://www.momwithapassionblog.com/ . Her blog is about raising a child with Autism – something that is more commonplace now than it ever was. I have a friend who is raising two young boys with Autism so I appreciated this read. Her page has some great quotes on it also!
My absolute favorite blog lately has been theladygang.com . Everything about that blog is awesome – women empowerment and amazing products that they review. Great fashion, great podcast, humor and no bullsh*t !
10 Random Facts About Yours Truly
1.) I love purple (can you tell?)
2.) The Lion King is the best Disney movie ever!
3.) I love chicken wings – if they weren’t so high in calories I would literally eat them everyday.
4.) I am an enormous Chicago Cubs fan! (GO CUBS GO and yes WAYYY before they won the World Series! My senior pictures were Cubs themed…)
5.) Zac Efron is my husband – he doesn’t know it yet (I guess my 2nd husband since I already have one…)
6.) I really like wine – but we don’t have an exclusive relationship. I would love to be a sommelier.
7.) Chicago is the best city ever – (I have never been to LA and NY but I don’t think that would be a game changer)
8.) Maui and Napa are my all-time favorite vacation spots.
9.) I love summer! (Like really like it, where I despise fall; sorry basic b*tches)
10.) I do like Pumpkin Spiced Lattes (basics like me again; also I could drink these everyday)
Liron Freind-Saadon asked me these questions:
- Where are you from? Dyer, IN (near Chicago, IL)
- Where do you live now? Dyer, IN (soon Chicago)
- What made you start blogging? It felt like it was time to finally share my story. I have a desire to help people constantly
- Tips for other bloggers? I am brand new as it is and I feel like I know nothing, but a tip would be to be your absolute self. Show your individuality and let it shine through! It is YOUR blog; people are coming to connect with YOU. Don’t be someone else.
- 3 of your favorite books – To be honest, I don’t read a lot. I absolutely loved the Maze Runner series, Divergent Series and Hunger Games series when those came out. The Automatic Millionaire is something that has stuck with me since high school Economy class.
- 3 of your favorite songs – “Unchained Melody” Righteous Brothers “Alone” by Heart “Shut Up and Dance” Walk the Moon and any song by Celine Dion!
- One of your favorite blogger’s posts (with a link to the blog) – see above www.theladygang.com
- Favorite place to visit or vacation – Maui or Napa – toss up for different reasons!!
- What do you like to do on your free time? – spend time with my husband and my best friends, relaxing with a drink in my hand
- Favorite quote or words to live by – You’re only as old as you feel and live like there is no tomorrow
Tessa Van Dyk asked these questions:
- How do you structure your days? My days are structured now by my 9-5 work schedule. Dinner, workout, and free time is usually after work.
- Where and how do you work best? I work best in quiet and alone.
- What tools do you find indispensable for accomplishing [task]? Focus and silence and being alone. I am a worker bee on my own!
- How do you solve productivity? I need to hunker down and get it done when I am thinking about the task.
- What would you have done differently if you knew then what you know now? I would have put myself first in my past rather than putting everyone else first. I ended up not being happy and not living my true life. I was trying to fit in to everyone else’s life and make relationships work.
- What’s the best advice you ever received? Never go to bed angry.
- Who are your biggest influences? Who do you admire most? Who or what inspired you to do what you’re doing now? My grandma, my parents, my husband, my best friends, my family – all for different reasons.
- What is still your biggest challenge? Finding out where I am supposed to be in life. Life is about getting lost though isn’t it?
- What are your favorite books or movies? Books – answered above; Movies – Primal Fear, Neighbors at the moment.
- What’s your best advice for handling criticism? I think you should be open to listening to it. I am probably bad at this, but I do try to hear other people out and take into consideration their thoughts and advice. I do like hearing advice from people that I admire.
- What surprising lessons have you learned along the way? It is OKAY to be selfish!
My Nominations! – Check these new blogs out! Lots of variety here – check them out! Congrats to the nominees!
My questions for the nominees (post your answers in your post!)
1.) Why did you start your blog?
2.) What is your favorite subject?
3.) What do you hope to accomplish in five years?
4.) Dog or cat?
5.) Absolute favorite restaurant?
6.) Favorite city to visit?
7.) Favorite TV show?
8.) What are your goals for your blog?
9.) What is your favorite quote?
10.) Dream vacation?