I have been nominated for a Liebster Award! What is that you ask?
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the Internet and was created to recognize and discover new bloggers. The earliest case of the award dates back to 2011 and since then it’s been a yearly award. It’s a way of recognizing new bloggers by fellow bloggers, commending their hard work and dedication to their writing. The award is recognized in the blogging community as an honorable badge of accomplishment. Nominees are selected by previous award nominees so the cycle of supporting one another continues.
So other writers have recognized my work – I’ve been doing this for a month. Something that I have held out on for over six years. Wow – I didn’t expect for OTHER people to read my entries and actually like and maybe even CONNECT with the material. I can’t wait to keep going.
There are rules to a “Liebster award post”.
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well
- Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- For 2017 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (this is optional, but if you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about yourself).
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award who have less than 200 followers (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information)
- List these rules in your post. (You can copy and paste from here or simply include the link below to the official rules website).
- Select 11 questions for the individuals/blogs you nominated.
- Inform the people/blogs that you selected of their nomination for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post.
So let’s get the party started! I was actually nominated by TWO different bloggers – which I am so thankful for. I have been doing this maybe a month now and it is so awesome to be recognized very early on by the blogging community.
I was nominated by Liron Freind-Saadon – her blog is https://marriedplusthree.wordpress.com/ . Her blog is about her family, her life, and some comical pregnancy stories! Her latest post that is dedicated to her four year old is an awesome post!
I was also nominated by Tessa Van Dyk – her blog is http://www.momwithapassionblog.com/ . Her blog is about raising a child with Autism – something that is more commonplace now than it ever was. I have a friend who is raising two young boys with Autism so I appreciated this read. Her page has some great quotes on it also!
My absolute favorite blog lately has been theladygang.com . Everything about that blog is awesome – women empowerment and amazing products that they review. Great fashion, great podcast, humor and no bullsh*t !
10 Random Facts About Yours Truly
1.) I love purple (can you tell?)
2.) The Lion King is the best Disney movie ever!
3.) I love chicken wings – if they weren’t so high in calories I would literally eat them everyday.
4.) I am an enormous Chicago Cubs fan! (GO CUBS GO and yes WAYYY before they won the World Series! My senior pictures were Cubs themed…)
5.) Zac Efron is my husband – he doesn’t know it yet (I guess my 2nd husband since I already have one…)
6.) I really like wine – but we don’t have an exclusive relationship. I would love to be a sommelier.
7.) Chicago is the best city ever – (I have never been to LA and NY but I don’t think that would be a game changer)
8.) Maui and Napa are my all-time favorite vacation spots.
9.) I love summer! (Like really like it, where I despise fall; sorry basic b*tches)
10.) I do like Pumpkin Spiced Lattes (basics like me again; also I could drink these everyday)
Liron Freind-Saadon asked me these questions:
- Where are you from? Dyer, IN (near Chicago, IL)
- Where do you live now? Dyer, IN (soon Chicago)
- What made you start blogging? It felt like it was time to finally share my story. I have a desire to help people constantly
- Tips for other bloggers? I am brand new as it is and I feel like I know nothing, but a tip would be to be your absolute self. Show your individuality and let it shine through! It is YOUR blog; people are coming to connect with YOU. Don’t be someone else.
- 3 of your favorite books – To be honest, I don’t read a lot. I absolutely loved the Maze Runner series, Divergent Series and Hunger Games series when those came out. The Automatic Millionaire is something that has stuck with me since high school Economy class.
- 3 of your favorite songs – “Unchained Melody” Righteous Brothers “Alone” by Heart “Shut Up and Dance” Walk the Moon and any song by Celine Dion!
- One of your favorite blogger’s posts (with a link to the blog) – see above www.theladygang.com
- Favorite place to visit or vacation – Maui or Napa – toss up for different reasons!!
- What do you like to do on your free time? – spend time with my husband and my best friends, relaxing with a drink in my hand
- Favorite quote or words to live by – You’re only as old as you feel and live like there is no tomorrow
Tessa Van Dyk asked these questions:
- How do you structure your days? My days are structured now by my 9-5 work schedule. Dinner, workout, and free time is usually after work.
- Where and how do you work best? I work best in quiet and alone.
- What tools do you find indispensable for accomplishing [task]? Focus and silence and being alone. I am a worker bee on my own!
- How do you solve productivity? I need to hunker down and get it done when I am thinking about the task.
- What would you have done differently if you knew then what you know now? I would have put myself first in my past rather than putting everyone else first. I ended up not being happy and not living my true life. I was trying to fit in to everyone else’s life and make relationships work.
- What’s the best advice you ever received? Never go to bed angry.
- Who are your biggest influences? Who do you admire most? Who or what inspired you to do what you’re doing now? My grandma, my parents, my husband, my best friends, my family – all for different reasons.
- What is still your biggest challenge? Finding out where I am supposed to be in life. Life is about getting lost though isn’t it?
- What are your favorite books or movies? Books – answered above; Movies – Primal Fear, Neighbors at the moment.
- What’s your best advice for handling criticism? I think you should be open to listening to it. I am probably bad at this, but I do try to hear other people out and take into consideration their thoughts and advice. I do like hearing advice from people that I admire.
- What surprising lessons have you learned along the way? It is OKAY to be selfish!
My Nominations! – Check these new blogs out! Lots of variety here – check them out! Congrats to the nominees!
My questions for the nominees (post your answers in your post!)
1.) Why did you start your blog?
2.) What is your favorite subject?
3.) What do you hope to accomplish in five years?
4.) Dog or cat?
5.) Absolute favorite restaurant?
6.) Favorite city to visit?
7.) Favorite TV show?
8.) What are your goals for your blog?
9.) What is your favorite quote?
10.) Dream vacation?